Our National Support Programme provides elite sports performers with advice, support, guidance and practical workshops as they transition from international competition to a new career.
What does this entail?
- Direct support from our elite coaches
- Access to our National Support Programme helping both your personal and professional development
- Access to meet other elite athletes who are going through a similar transition process at our Annual Team Day
- Access to our Champions Zone, which contains a range of employment and development opportunities and resources
- Opportunity to use your skills to 'give back' and mentor on our young people programmes
What if you don't know what you want to do in the future?
Every elite sports performer is invited to a 'Next Steps' session. This gives them the opportunity to meet with the DKH Legacy Trust team to discuss and develop their personal development plans.
Jenna Downing, World Champion in Extreme In-Line Skating said of the first session:
"It was good to dig deeper into our thoughts and discover our values."
Jenna has gone on to become a lead mentor on many of the charity's projects.